But when it comes to lace front wigs, there are a lot of questions often asked by wig wearers. Some of these questions include, what is a lace front wig? Why should I buy lace front wigs over other types of wigs? How can I install a wig?
So, in this article, we answer all of these questions. Without wasting more time, let’s delve into them.
What is a lace front wig?As mentioned above, glueless lace front wigs are very popular hairpieces. They come in bonded or sew-in installations. Lace front wigs help you achieve a more natural look. The lace is typically 4 inches to the back and 13 inches across, covering the hairline ear to ear. These hairpieces are very flexible, making it easy for you to try several hairstyles, such as ponytails, side parts, or center parts. Lace front wigs are perfect for women who are experiencing a thinning edge. That’s because they tend to conceal hair thinning or hair loss, making it hard for anyone to notice that you are suffering from hair loss.
What are the benefits of wearing a lace front wig?Well, you are probably wondering why you should choose a lace front wig over other types of human wigs. Here are some of the reasons why lace front human wigs are better than other types of hair wigs.
1. They offer a more natural lookOf course, when buying a human wig, you want to make sure that the wig will offer you a more natural look as much as possible. Thankfully, a lace front wig will offer you that. Lace front wigs human hair generally offer a more natural look. Each human hair strand is tied to the lace, making it appear as if the hair is coming from your scalp. Transparent lace front wigs, especially those made with human hair will give wearers the flawless look they are yearning for.
2. They conceal hair lossMany ladies usually suffer from hair loss. Hair loss can be brought by factors, such as genes, medications, chemotherapy, alopecia, etc. It is no secret that hair loss can affect one’s self-esteem. Thankfully, you can wear a lace front wig to conceal your hair loss. One of the top benefits of lace front wigs is that they can conceal hair loss. That’s because the locks will appear as if they are yours. Be keen when trimming the lace. This wig will leave you feeling confident about yourself. And improved self-esteem can make you do well in other aspects of your life.
3. Comfortable to wearOne of the key things wig wearers usually pay attention to when buying a wig is comfort. How comfortable is the wig to wear? There is no doubt that traditional wigs can sometimes feel quite heavy to wear. But this isn’t the case with lace front wigs. They weigh less compared to other types of wigs. In addition to that, these wigs have strong breathability. That means they allow your scalp to breathe and get fresh air. This, in turn, makes the wig feel comfortable because you will not sweat in it.
4. They are durableBuying a wig is a significant investment that you cannot take lightly. You need a wig that is durable and long-lasting and will give you a higher value for your money. A 613 lace front wig can help you achieve all that. This wig is durable, especially one made with human hair. While it can be a bit costly, it is worth every coin. You can wear it even for up to a year, making it offer you a higher value for your money. What’s more, if you properly take care of it, you can extend its lifespan. Some of the things you can do to extend your wig’s lifespan include storing it properly, washing it regularly, and controlling the amount of heat you expose it to.
How to install a wigNow that we have explored what a lace front wig is and some of the benefits of lace front wigs, let’s see how you can install it. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you install a lace front wig:
· Start by preparing your skin where the wig will come into contact. Wash it with a gentle cleanser. Dab some alcohol on a cotton bud and wipe your hairline to get rid of excess oils.
· Braid your natural hair into braids or cornrows to flatten your natural hair and keep your lace front wig in place. Put on the wig cap. Make sure that all your hair strands are tucked inside the wig cap.
· Place the wig on your head and make sure that it fits securely and properly. The wig should fit properly because if not, it will look unnatural and horrible. If the wig is too loose around your head, tighten the elastic band. If it is too tight on your scalp, loosen up the elastic band until the wig fits well.
· Trim the excess lace off the wig once you are satisfied with how it fits.
· To trim the wig, pull the wig away from your face and trim the lace along the hairline with a sharp scissor. Be very keen when doing this because you may end up damaging your wig.
· If your wig is not plucked already, you will need to pluck them with a pair of tweezers.
· If you want to create baby hairs, cut some strands of hair at the hairline into smaller strands and pull them out so that you can get a more natural look. Then lay the part you want with mousse and water.
· Comb and style your hair according to your taste and preference.